Tuesday 29 July 2014

Present and Future Book News!

Hello chums!  I thought I would give you an update on A Curl of Copper and Pearl and a sneaky bit of information about my next novel.  First of all, Curl...


Published back in April, I have finally managed to work out how to publish to Kindle!  Curl is now available from Amazon UK (here) or US (here) or a branch near you.

Anyway, in the meantime I have been working on my next novel.  I can reveal exclusively that it will be called....

.....drum roll.....

We Are Villains All
Huzzah!

The Wounded Cavalier
A photographic version of this painting is part of the plot of my new book
We Are Villains All is the story of a Victorian poet, Maxwell Wainwright.  It is 1890 and Max leads a quiet life, encouraging the middle-class ladies of a pleasant market town in their appreciation of poetry.  He has a muse who he never approaches, preferring her at a distance, not disturbing his enforced, safe isolation.  He is desired and pursued by his Ladies, but never caught.  Into his life returns his friend, the photographer Brough Fawley, who he has not seen for 20 years...

Iago Julia Margaret Cameron

What sort of photographs does
Brough Fawley take...?



















Brough and Max share a secret, a crime, a lover and a past.  Max does not want to let his friend back into his life for fear that he will destroy everything he has so carefully built up, but cannot bring himself to refuse.  What neither man knows is that with Brough comes the shadow of another from their past, someone who wants bloody, vicious revenge...

I am hoping that We Are Villains All will be out for Christmas 2015, because nothing says 'holiday spirit' like lust and murderous vengeance.

Expect more snippets and extracts over the next year and a bit.  I better get on with redrafting...


2 comments:

  1. I read A Curl of Copper and Pearl a few weeks back ("proper" book not kindle) and thoroughly enjoyed it. A brilliantly executed window into DGR's latter years. I must get round to putting a review on Amazon

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your comment. I shall post it up shortly! Kx